Pages

Friday 10 February 2012

A little story


Well, first I will explain a little bit the story of how I found this diet. In the presentation I explained that I actually began in summer 2007, then I returned to the old ways and it didn’t go well. But let's go to June 2007. One of my friends was on a diet, a strict one, so I started to think about it too. I told my parents about that and my mother suggested me to go to a pharmacy in my town (Pharmacy Yañez in Montornés del Vallés, in Barcelona, I’d put a link to their site but it seems they don’t have it) that were preparing customized diets (I can’t remember if it was for free or I had to pay some money in the first visit, but it certainly was not like going to a private endocrine). So I went there, I filled out a form about my eating habits, food that I like and I don’t like and food that I wasn’t willing to stop eating. A week later I had a list of about 20 dishes, I had to pick 12 per week (a day off, remember), there was also a list with a few breakfasts and snacks to choose from, and a conversion table if I wanted to vary the ingredients of a dish. So I started, and I was going every Thursday to took my weight every, and also to receiver new recipes in case I wanted a change. When I started the diet, in June, I weighed about 86 kilos, the last check I did, around October, I weighed 68 kilos, those are 18 kilos lost in around five months. Not bad, right? One thing that helped a lot is that I started at the end of exams in the summer, which basically meant for me to work 8 hour shift, plus that summer I was working all summer, so I was much more active than during the period of study.




From that moment I made the first failure, stop weighing myself every week, and sometime later I made the second mistake which was start eating every day in the restaurant at the university. And I told you already what happens when I have food on the plate, the plate will get clean in five minutes (which saves water while cleaning it, isn’t it?). A year later I was about 75 kilos, but then I stayed in that weight for quite some time, because I went to take food from home and that helped me to regain control again. And I was like that for a couple of years, until I began to go to restaurants for lunch again. So in April 2011 I was there again with 83 kilos. The first try was to join Taekwondo to do more exercise, but 3 hours per week of exercise just don’t make a difference... I had to go back to the diet.


Coming soon...




No comments:

Post a Comment