Pages

Friday 9 March 2012

Hello, I´m Antonio and I´m chocoaddicted

I’m sure about two things about chocolate, the first one is that whatever they say, my skin doesn’t like it, and the second is that I’m addicted to it. Regarding the first point, I’ve read many articles saying that it’s not true that chocolate makes acne get worst. Maybe, but that's not my experience, and so, when I can motivate myself enough, I avoid eating it for long periods. And I say to motivate myself due to the second thing I said. When I eat some chocolate, even a small one, I become something like Cookie Monster, from Sesame Street, but with chocolate instead of cookies.


Source: http://elmajoy.tumblr.com/post/72249648/its-two-in-one-cookie-and-cupcake-monster


I don´t know if it's a metabolism problem but the fact is that I'm addicted, I ate more than once one kilo of chocolate tablets in one day or sometimes I woke up in the middle of the night just to finish the portion I reserved for breakfast. I just can’t handle it, I need to make a big effort to focus and stop buying it, since that’s the only way to avoid it. If I have any chocolate at home, I’ll eat in very short time, probably in hours. Another similar case is people addicted to cola drinks. The problem is that unlike cigarettes or other drugs, there isn’t the feeling that you are doing something bad. Okay, yes, cola and this kind of drinks have caffeine, but if that was the reason I guess they would be addicted to coffee also, and the ones I know, they’re not.

Why mention this now? Well, because a few days ago I got a box of chocolates from some friends as a present and they have awakened something that was sleeping for more than half a year. The box is still full but not for long, the only thing that saved it was because my mother opened another Swiss chocolate box, which is almost finished by now. During this holidays I haven’t follow my usual diet which make it harder to not eat it, but it will only be a matter of some days. Once I’m back home, I’ll be back to my usual meals and my schedule and, unlike what is in my parents' house, I won’t have an assortment of chocolates near me. So for now I’m enjoying this sweet addiction.

And my readers, I know you're there, are you also addicted to chocolate or have noticed something similar to what I described with some other food or drink? For example, I felt the same with a few puff pastries in honey that I bought a few days ago with the intention of bringing them to Prague so my colleagues in the office could taste them... well, that was the intention.

No comments:

Post a Comment