Pages

Monday 12 March 2012

What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas


Vacations, among some other things, can be used to break the routine. Well, depending on the routine, they can be dangerous. For instance, how many of you quit gym at the same time you started the vacations? I did, and not even for long vacations. This problem can appear also with the diet we follow, especially in people, like me, who get used to good things, or bad depending on the point of view, very easily. To avoid that, an alternative would be to try to follow the diet during vacations. Honestly, I don´t even think that´s possible. I can´t imagine visiting an unknown place and not tasting and enjoying the typical local food. Or, in my case, visiting my family back in Spain and not going for tapas or enjoying my mother´s meals.

What’s my alternative? Be focus and have clear that vacations will last whatever they will last, and that’s all, they’re over, don’t try to hold them. What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas, or you can easily fall into gambling problems. For instance, the first thing I did yesterday, when I arrived from the airport, was to notify my parents that I was already at home, and go to the supermarket and buy all I needed to cook my normal meals. That’s it, back to normal, the days of Bravas, chocolates, biscuits and eating like if it was the last day in Earth were left behind. I don’t know how many kilos I took, and I don’t care. When I’ll take the measurements next Saturday, it will be like if it was the first day. Maybe I took three kilos, well, I’ll lose them again, the same way I already did. The target is keeping a healthy weight and nothing changed in that sense. With the diet I follow, since around one month ago, my weight was stabilized, so I was not losing more weight. The diet and the work outs were making me lose fat in one side, and gain muscle in the other.  

And in honor to my last vacations, today you´ll find a typical Spanish meal, a Spanish omelet. 

Spanish omelete

Ingredients:
1 egg
1 potato (medium size)
1 small onion
200 grams of tomatoes
1 slice of bread

Preparation:
Peel the potato and the onion. Cut them in small slices. Put them together in a plate suitable for microwave. Put some salt and oil. Cook them in the microwave around 5 minutes. When the potatoes are cooked add the beaten egg. Add the mix in a hot pan and cook around 1 minute for each side.
 
It´s one of my favourite dinners. Bon appetite!

No comments:

Post a Comment