Pages

Saturday 3 March 2012

It´s not only a matter of exercise


In previous posts I mentioned that one of the keys to realising about your own physical condition is starting to do some sport. I wanted to sign up for historical fencing, in Prague is quite popular, but the schedule was not good for me, so I decided to join taekwondo. What I remember from the first class is one thing, the master told us to do 50 sit-ups, I did around 15 and I was already dead and had lost the count. Horrible, few times I have felt so useless. The idea was that by doing some sport I would slowly get in shape. Yes, slowly, very, very slowly. After two months and seeing that did not lose weight, although I was feeling better, I decided to return to my old diet. It was June and the season of taekwondo classes was getting into an end so I talked to my master, who is also a personal trainer and we decided to start going to the gym a couple days a week with him. But he insisted a lot on the diet, that's where there was the key to everything. What I can say is that is true, in the first two weeks of the diet, when my sport was still three hours of taekwondo, I lost about 5 kilos. Before, my physical activity had increased but I was still eating too much, the diet is what really changed the trend.

Well, two weeks after I started the diet, I began my gym sessions with WarriorFitness Prague. The first day was "just" the assessment day.
Like school exams (1 minute of squats, 1 minute of push ups, 1 minute of sit-ups ...). I ended up half dead. In words of my trainer I looked stoned. This feeling has not changed too much. Really, every time I train in the gym I feel that way, the difference is that the exercises are becoming more demanding. The progress is undeniable. In the chart below you can see the evolution.

Progress after 5 months

And a little story for you to see how far my fitness level has changed beyond what is visible.
A few days ago I had surgery. The next day there was a complication and I needed a second surgery. The story is that when I was already in the operating room, a nurse asked me if I was a low frequency, I asked what she meant and she said she was also with me the day before and saw that my heart rate was very low, so she assumed I was a sportive person. The truth is that it is a good confirmation that I'm on the right track.

The gift for today is the breakfasts and snacks that I usually take. Guess which one is my favourite snack.

Breakfasts (1 to choose):
1 glass of juice, milk or coffee. 2 slices of bread. 1 slice of low-fat cheese.
1 glass of juice, milk or coffee. 2 slices of bread. 1 slice of ham.
1 glass of juice, milk or coffee. 2 slices of bread. 1 slice of turkey breast.
1 glass of juice, milk or coffee. 2 slices of bread. 1 slice of chicken breast.
1 glass of juice, milk or coffee. 2 slices of bread with a tablespoon of olive oil.


Small snack:
20 grams of nuts (almonds, hazelnuts, walnuts).

Snacks (1 to choose)
1 yogurt
1 banana
2 oranges
4 tangerines
1 apple
2 peaches
1 slice of bread with 2 ounces of chocolate

No comments:

Post a Comment